Workout is absolutely necessary for multiple reasons building muscle fat, lose fat or improve your body tome.
Apart from these workout also helps in preventing various diseases and improves cardiac health. The foremost requirement for a workout is, every person has specific requirement for the workout, thus needs to be customized as per the desired end result as well as person’s body type. Another thing which is important before choosing workout routines for beginners is to evaluate your body type and fitness. An exercise for 25 year old beginner would be completely different compared to a 45 year or a 55 year old person, so it is good to discuss it with a doctor or an experienced trainer.
Some of the Good Workout Exercises for Beginners Include:
- Aerobic/Cardiovascular activity: Majority of these are categorized as warm exercise which help your body muscles to loosen up. These exercise causes strain on the heart and tend to increase the breathing and heart rate of the person. Various exercises that come under this category are running, cycling, walking, swimming etc.
- Stretching: This type of exercise tend to help in improving the movement of muscles. Usually with age the muscles and ligaments tend to become shorter and tend to become stiff, thus stretching helps in increasing the flexibility of the body.
- Strength and weight exercises: These type of exercises tend to work towards building body and muscle strength. These exercises also help in improving functioning of the muscles. Some of the exercises that are done to improve body and muscle strength are weight lifting and push ups and pull ups etc.
- Cool-down: These are the group of exercises which are less strenuous to the body and tends to bring down the breathing rate as well as heart rate in control. This includes a walking at a slow pace or cyclin at a slower pace.
- Warm up: Before starting up with actual strenuous exercise, it is important to warm up the body with slow exercises, these exercises helps increase the blood flow to the body and also helps loosening up the muscles. This could include a slow cycling, slow running at the start.
For the beginners the Workout routines have been broadly bucketed into three categories. Usually it is recommended to do them in succession for a balanced fitness and flexibility of the muscles, ligaments and tendons. Doing exercise in phased manner also helps in reducing chances of wear and tear or any workout injury. Find below the group of exercises:
- Cardiovascular Activity: This simple aerobic activities like walking or running for 20-30 minutes. The exercise should be repeated 4-5 days in a week. While doing this exercise it is important to have right pace, doing running at a very low pace might not give the desired result while running at a very high speed might lead to more harm than benefit. Therefore when should choose a speed which provides right amount of strain.
- Strength Exercise: This includes working on the major muscles of the body using a comfortable weight. It is advisable to do weight training in sets, usually 8-12 times in 1 set. One should gradually increase the weights with time. Also, it is advisable to do different body parts on successive days, one should not repeat the body parts. To make the best use of this, one should do strength training as well.
- Flexibility training: It is also highly recommended to do slow stretches of the different body parts. Usually stretched should be done in a range of 3-7 days every week and one should stretch for a time period of 10-30 seconds.
Above is some of the best routine for the beginners that they should follow to have a balanced workout as well as prevent any sort of muscle injury.
Getting in shape can become much easier with the below mentioned rules that are considered to be the best workout routines for beginners:
- Exercise/Gym Should Be Your Habit That You Must Get Addicted To
It is well understood that we all are leading very busy lives, but considering the fact that health is equally important we should make exercising or going to gym a regular habit that we can’t live without. If we can get addicted to unhealthy habits like smoking, drinking or even these days addiction to using smartphones and staying stuck to it all the time is also an addiction. So, why not get addicted to healthy habits like going regularly to gym or doing exercise daily without fail.
Create an environment and cues that will remind you of going to gym or sparing sometime for exercise that will keep you healthy and happy. Don’t just keep saying that you have to go to gym, rather start going without fail. You can set up reminders or take help of cues. For example – keeping your exercise mat or gym bag beside your bed so that this will be the first thing you see after getting up in the morning.
- Maintain Consistency in Your Training
Never let any hard and fast rule to railroad your improvement in exercise regimen. Rather than making overblown commitments to yourselves, try to become consistent in whatever you choose to follow with regards to best workout routines for beginners. You can start by setting smaller targets and then move on to bigger ones. Also, ensure that you are setting realistic targets as every individual has different capacity. So be very particular about what exercises you are planning to do and ensure that you are doing it consistently.
Your training will not just happen in a day as good things take time. Make sure that you do not stick to a specific set of exercises. Keep including newer ones as and when required.
- Make Sure That You Build on The Fundamentals Very Well
Always remember that workout routine for beginners is such a thing that what suits you may not suit someone else and vice-versa. Different people may have different aim behind following a certain schedule, depending upon the individual needs, past experience, any history of injuries or access to equipment, etc.
So, in such a scenario the most important thing is to ensure that you are building on the fundamentals very well and that a full-body strength routine is built around compound lifts as this is the best way for almost everybody to start with, irrespective of what you end up doing after some months or years.
Now, let us see in brief some of beginner weight and strength training workouts that will help you have a great start –
- Workout 1: Running/ Treadmill (1 set)
- Workout 2: Leg Press (1 set)
- Workout 3: Lying Leg Curls (1 set)
- Workout 4: Wide-grip lateral Pull down (1 set)
- Workout 5: Butterfly (1 set)
- Workout 6: Triceps Push-down – Rope Attachment (1 set)
- Workout 7: Machine Bicep Curl (1 set)
- Workout 8: Machine Shoulder (Military) Press (1 set)
- Workout 9: Ab Crunch Machine (1 set)
- Workout 10: Air Bike (1 set)
So, if you are a beginner, this is the best regimen for you this workout routine is created for overall health and fitness benefits of a healthy adult person who has never experienced lifting of weights before, or one who is quite a novice at it.